Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Gone without a trace


One of the saddest part of our lives is to lose someone you love. Someone who's been around with you for a long time. Someone who guards you when you sleep at night. Someone you can cry with you when you feel sad and makes you say '' at least i have you''. Someone who's always happy and excited everytime he see's you, sometimes run towards you just to express how much he loves you. Takes away your stress after a very busy day. Very seldom you could hear complaining. And most of all, Someone who gives unconditional love. An Angel in disguise indeed.
Last Monday, i went home from the office, a bit tired and hungry, that all i could think about is to eat and rest. Before I entered our house, my dogs are already agitated to see me, if i will translate what they are saying, it could go something like '' BERT BERT!!! ITS SO NICE TO SEE YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? ARE YOU OK? HOW IS YOUR DAY? WE ARE SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU AGAIN!'' so i tap both of their heads and i told them not to go inside and stay in the front yard, they followed my order, then i went inside, and dress down, and eat, then rest on the sofa and play computer for a while. After 2 hrs, before i go to sleep, i make sure that i feed our pets already, including our almost 1 year old crazy cat who never gets full, always pinching food even if we can see him, he has an endless appetite I'm telling you! but a good mouse killer! So i prepared their food and distribute it one by one to them. We always have a system when serving their food so that they wont fight over it. I always give my 2 yr old retarded white dog named Papi his food, cos he stays at the backyard,well just to describe him to you, He's only behave when sleeping, always growling and barking in nonsense and doesn't play much with us, He's stinky cos he doesn't like to take a bath, sometimes he has a lot of fleas. I think he needs to be delivered to a mental institute for dogs, when we got him from our cousin, he has hydrocephalus! Anyway, then after Papi i serve Kitty who is A.K.A. KITTY even though he is a cat now.. Then Lastly my favorite 6 year old canine Grinchy! Grinchy is my favorite, my classmate from college gave him to me as a gift cos i lost my black dog Radge before, Grinchy was a very cute puppy when he came to our famliy... He leaks and poo-poo a lot on the floor, well thats just ordinary for a puppy who is still adjusting and learning ways on how to be a deomesticated dog. Grinchy for me is my Bestfriend, though i dont give him a nice bath a lot for the past few months, i seldom see him since i got a new job too, but when we have time for each other, we're like chicharon and vinegar together. I used to run with him, touch his ears til he gets annoyed, I always take a picture of him and sometimes video too, i also scratch his tummy til he fall asleep, and i also remove his fleas and ticks 1 by 1 with my bare hands just to make sure he's not having them... We have a lot of good times together, since i have him in my life, He is definitely a part of my family and WE LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! Anyway back to my story... When i went out to give Grinchy his meal, He's not there, so i whistled to call him and to tell him that dinner is served, but he didn't showed up, so i thought maybe he's just wandering somewhere. So i closed the door and went to bed.
I woke up early the following day because me and my siblings have to go to my Dad's at the cemetery co'z that day is his death anniversary. We're all preparing when my sister told me that Grinchy haven't eaten his meal yet since last night. I got alarmed and worried, but i calmed myself and think positive, I said, Maybe he went somewhere again with a female dog just like before, I'm sure he will come back later after he gets a score! Then we head to the cemetery and spent a few hours there. I didn't went home on that day, I stayed for a while at my tita's place...and thats when the horror begins...
My Sister texted me that my niece is crying while holding a picture of her and Grinchy, because He hasn't come back yet, thats when i felt really really worried, so i told them to ask our neighbors about Grinch and thats what they did, but still he is nowhere to be found. I kept thinking about him on that day...''Where is he?'' I'm wondering what happened to him. Still i want to remain calm and positive, I'm sure he will be back, He will come back and i will see him again...
The following day, i called home and i spoked to my brother and I asked if Grinchy had come back already, but still no sign of him he said. My eyes begins to get watery while speaking to my brother, he knows that I'm very bothered and worried, He told me that he went out to find him but still negative...that whole day, my mind is pre-occupied with Grinchy, some of my friends and neighbors said, maybe someone took him and butchered him already...Yeah, THANKS!!! that really helps!
Three days have passed and my sister already found a new dog, she bought a puppy who looks like Grinchy, I am happy about it... But still no sign of my Canine Bestfriend, til now I'm still hoping that he will come back, and also hoping that one day I will go home and he will greet me again with his wagging tail... that one day he will lick my face with joy and excitement and we will continue the best of our years again...
Where are you Grinch? Where have you gone? We miss you so much. I still cant move on. I LOVE YOU GRINCHY!!!

No comments: